Zappy Dots is a creative, family-owned business nestled in the Rocky Mountains of Northern Colorado. Our handmade Dots come in many forms, including decorative magnets that fit into our interchangeable jewelry bases, and our line of handy (and fun!) stitching tools: Needle Nannies, magnetic needle tins, and scissor fobs.
Zappy Dots put down roots in the creative industry in 2013, but it’s founder Kim Ivkov’s business-savvy and long-standing love of quilting that gave her the nudge to help quilters and cross stitchers connect with their favorite hobbies and designers in new ways.
All of our products feature the licensed designs of some of the most talented fabric and stitch artists from around the globe. It’s wonderful to see how excited our customers get to have a helpful Needle Nanny that coordinates with their project, or a scissor fob that features the work of someone they know and love. And thanks to the continual support and feedback from our designers and customers (and our team of creative gurus!), our list of products keeps growing!
This past fall we introduced a Magnetic Needle Tin — a convenient and cute way to store and travel with your needles — and in 2020, we are embarking on several new product lines all designed to encourage and support creativity in the sewing room!
We hope you’ll stop by our booth to see what’s new, and be sure to check out our two most popular products while you’re there: the Magnetic Needle Tin and our ultra-strong Needle Nanny.
Creative Ways to Use Zappy Dots Products
Here are some creative ways to use Zappy Dots products:
- Wear the bracelet with an interchangeable ceramic magnet to hold your needles while you’re binding a quilt.
- Wear a Needle Nanny on your shirt to hold your scissors and needle while doing hand-sewing work (and then keep it on all day as a cute magnetic pin!)
- Use a ceramic magnet on a magnetic surface to hold up your patterns or blocks.
- Place a Needle Nanny on your long arm to keep your scissors handy.
- Wear your favorite Dot on a necklace to coordinate with your apparel.
- Pack a Needle Nanny and a Magnetic Needle Tin for your next retreat — they’re tiny but mighty!