Block size: 17″ square unfinished
This block uses one symmetrical print. The sections of the star block are cut from the same repeat. Choose a bright fabric with many colors and a coordinating tone-on-tone for the background. Use a dark tone-on-tone for the corners.
Fabric 1: Symmetrical fabric – ½ yard
Fabric 2: Coordinating tone-on-tone – 1/3 yard
Fabric 3: Dark tone-on-tone – ¼ yard
✸ Cut a set of 8 identical repeats from template A.
✸ Cut (1) 5″ x WOF strip; subcut into (16) triangles using template C.
✸ Cut (4) template D triangles.
- Start by laying out the complete block to the left of your sewing machine. This block is constructed in eighths.
- Sew a Template C patch tot the right side of the top of each Template A patch. Make 8.
- Sew a Template C patch to the left side of the top of each Template A patch.
- Sew the diamond sections together in pairs. Make 4 quarter sections.
- Sew 2 quarter sections together. Make 2 halves.
- Sew the halves together matching the center and seams.
- Sew Template D patches to the corners.
Want to learn more? Buy Kaleidostars by Toby Lischko today:
Learn one-on-one with Toby in her iquilt class, Kaleidostars.