Georgia State Block
12″ x 12″
January 2, 1788
American Made Brand Fabrics:
- Print 1 of each hand piecing template. Note that these templates do not include the seam allowances.
Cut the following:
- 4 Template A from Light Tomato
- 4 Template A from Coral
- 4 Template A from Light Pink
- 1 Template A from Dark Blue
- 8 Template B from Dark Blue
- 4 Template C from Light Tomato
Draw a line around the template on the back side of the fabric. This is the sewing line. Leave a 1/4″ around the edges of each shape for seam allowances when cutting.
Sew B pieces to two sides of Coral A. Sew the Y-seam last joining the B pieces last.
Attach C to the corner of the Corner Unit.
Sew a Light Tomato A to a Light Pink A.
Arrange the units as shown in the block assembly diagram below. Sew the units together into rows, then sew the rows into a block.
Block measures 12 1/2″ x 12 1/2″ unfinished.
Join the AQS Project Parade Facebook Group to join the conversation and share your progress!
Pack your bag and quilt across the US with AQS and Sew Many Creations! Don’t miss the special offer below:
Not an AQS Member? Join Today!
Special thanks to Bonnie Browning for use of her book for reference, Vintage Quilt Blocks State by State by Bonnie K. Browning.