Spend the weekend sharpening your quilting design skills with this Quilting Design Weekend Intensive. Invite a couple friends over, challenge online friends, or make it a quiet weekend for yourself. Make this weekend getaway anything you want, your house, your pajamas – anything goes!
Cook your favorite foods, stock up on snacks, and settle down for a do-it-yourself retreat.
Print out the agenda below and start planning. Add any additional resources you have on hand.
Follow this agenda or create one of your own. Have fun and keep designing!
- Warm up with the Free Motion Workshop Part 1
- Try three different straight line designs using the Quilting Design Notebook
- Using our 25 Design Block Series as inspiration, pick a block and draft 25 different designs.
- Watch Judi Madsen’s Quilting Makes a Difference
- Warm up with the Doodle Challenge
- Try three different curve line designs using the Quilting Design Notebook
- Watch Judi Madsen’s Fabulous Background Quilting
- Create secondary designs with the Free Motion Workshop Part 4
- Watch Judi Madsen’s Progressive Detail Quilting
- Warm up another 25 block designs of any block of your choosing.
- Try three different feather designs using the Quilting Design Notebook
- Using register tape, create three different sashing designs.
Pick a weekend, collect your resources, and sharpen your pencils for a weekend of quilting design adventures!