Prize-Winning Pound Cake
Write a review
- ½ lb.butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups sugar
- 3cups flour
- 1 tsp. almond flavoring or lemon
- Cream butter and sugar
- Add 1 egg at a time, beating well.
- Sift flour and add slowly to mixture, beating constantly.
- Add cream, not whipped, and flavoring.
- Grease and flour bundt pan.
- Put cake in cold oven and set at 325. Bake 1 hour and 30 minutes. Check at 1 hr. 15.
- This recipe is probably 100 years old and was said to have won prizes!!! Delicious.... excellent with homemade ice-cream and berries
AQS Blog http://www.aqsblog.com/