For the September Quilt 2018 project, we are taking a look at the One-Patch quilt style. Turn up the excitement with these fun One-Patch quilt ideas. Which one are you going to try?
Play with scale.
Try Hexies supersized! Do the unexpected and make a project in One-Patch style on a grand scale.
- Use four large Apple Cores to make a baby quilt.
- Assemble giant diamonds in diagonal rows to make a stunning and quick king size quilt.
- String big Hexies together to make a charming table runner.
- Mix things up with multiple sizes in the same project. Sprinkle big patches with lots of little ones.
Make a scene.
Play with colors to create designs with your One-Patch creations.
- Grab a grid and plan out a design, from animals to messages, create a picture.
- Mimic a design in the fabric by creating the design as a large motif made from patches.
- Go plaid, or make a checkerboard. Arrange the patches to create an over-all pattern.
One-Patch: Some Assembly Required.
Take you designs to the next level by cutting your patches from pre-pieced fabric.
- Use improvisational pieced to put together a fun fabric made of strips. Cut out your patches and piece them together so the stripes tumble around.
- Create units to assemble and cut your patches from for unexpected patterns upon assembly.
- Piece accents of complementary colors into your patches to give your One-Patch quilt some extra pop!
Ready to play? Try our Vintage One-Patches to get you started.
Join us on the AQS Facebook Group, Project Parade, and share your experience.