This DVD by Kathy McNeil will show you how to make nine different bird blocks while learning five different methods of appliqué. The DVD includes: turning edges with sizing/starch, needle turn, freezer paper, raw-edge appliqué, and machine appliqué.
- Watch a demonstration creating a little nest of thread embellishment.
- Learn how to shade your pictorial objects with fabric paint crayons to enhance their natural highlights and shadows.
- Practice mixing techniques in the last three blocks.
- Add hand embroidery for all the little details. Basic stitches included.
- Each block comes with optional beading suggestions.
Running time is 1 hour and 45 minutes. The DVD features five different fun and easy ways to appliqué and patterns and instructions for the Song Birds in Summer quilt pictured on the cover.