Words are a great gift. Something it’s hard to find the perfect gift for someone special in our lives. Why not give them the gift of words?
Whether they are fun words, empowering words, simple words, or thought provoking words, picking the perfect words to share can be especially personal and meaningful to those who receive them.
Here are 10 gift ideas to create with letters!
- Book Quote Wallhanging – Take a favorite book quote of yours or the recipient and make a wallhanging. A quote from a childhood book is fun for a child (even grown children!)
- Refrigerator Sign – Make a magnetic quilt by creating a message on background fabric and gluing the fabric to a sheet magnet. Send someone a cheery message they can look at every day!
- Monogram Lap Quilt – Create a lap quilt with a beautiful large monogram in the center for a new couple or neighbor.
- Embellish a Tote – Add a personal touch to a tote by appliqueing a message on the outside.
- Apron – Give the cook more than kisses with a fun apron sporting a fun message!
- Sweatshirt – Stitch letters to a sweatshirt to create a one of a kind outfit for a loved one!
- Sewing Machine Cover – Spruce up your friends quilting studio with a customized sewing machine cover. Add her name along with fun things you love about her creativity on the cover.
- Burp Cloth/Bibs – Embellish bibs and burp cloths with fun baby words for a new mom.
- Door Hanging – Give the gift of encouragement with a door hanging for the back of a room door. Once the door is shut the cheery messages greet the room occupants.
- Pillow – Give each of your friends a word pillow with a word you would like to give them as a gift.
If you’ve never seen Joanne Sharpe talk about lettering, you are missing out. She teaches you how to take your own handwriting and turn it into a personal message. And it’s so easy!
Take a look at her iquilt online class…
Visit Joanne at iquilt.com today and get started with your special gift of words.