Lazy Daisy Cake
This cake brings back wonderful memories!
Write a review
For the Cake
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
For the Frosting
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla on high until thick and lemon-colored, about 4 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to egg mixture. Beat on low just until combined.
- Heat milk and butter in a small saucepan until butter melts.
- Add to batter; beat thoroughly (the batter will be thin).
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool slightly.
- For frosting, blend all ingredients well; spread over warm cake. Broil about 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until the top is lightly browned.
- Photo by Taste of Home magazine
- Originally published as Lazy Daisy Cake in Reminisce March/April 1994, p55
AQS OnPoint http://www.aqsblog.com/