Here’s a cool trick from a treat! Use a big bat cookie cutter as a template. Stitch up a quick and easy pincushion that can also be used as 3-D décor! Think of the opportunities for every holiday using any large cookie cutter you have in the kitchen. Embellish little Christmas trees and make fabulous Easter eggs, too. The possibilities are endless!
Instructions for Bat Pincushion:
1. Trace bat cookie cutter onto the backside of the fabric of choice. (Wovens work great for pincushions!)
2. Layer two fabrics right sides together and cut out around the drawn bat pattern leaving a ¼ ” seam allowance.
3. Sew the two layers together on the drawn line, leaving an opening wide enough to turn right side out.
4. Clip the curves and trim the corners so the bat smoothly turns right side out. Turn, stuff with crushed walnut shells or sterilized sand, and whip stitch the opening closed.
5. Embellish with buttons, embroidery, and of course, plenty of pins!