19″ x 25″
by Betsey Langford
Various 26″ strips of bright colored fabrics for the background
19″ x 25″ piece of black fabric
Scraps for eyes, ears, and nose
When printing, select Poster from the Page Sizing & Handling section. Set your overlap (I like 1 inch), and be sure cut marks is selected. Match the overlaps and tape the pattern together.
- Assemble the cat pattern.
- Use the cat pattern to create fuse applique pieces or as a placement diagram for crazy quilt foundation assembly, collage, or any other artful idea you may have.
- Build the cat on an applique pressing sheet, let it cool, and peel off so it is ready for placement.
- With bright colored fabrics, cut strips in varying widths.
- Sew together to create an 19 1/2″ x 25 1/2″ background. If you plan to embellish heavily you may with to make this a bit larger to cut down once you are finished.
- Place the cat applique on the background and press in place.
- Embellish with embroidery, beads, and/or paint.
- Make four cat quilts in complementary colorways. Add sashing and piece together to make a larger piece.
- Stretch the quilt over canvas and hang on the wall.