Celebrate freedom with this patriotic bald eagle. Create a wallhanging, pillow runner, or table topper.
Special Printing Instructions: Be sure to print from the Acrobat Reader. Select Poster and check Cut Marks.
Want to use the same fabrics?
40″ x 22″
Red – 1/2 yard
White – 2/3 yard
Blue – 1/4 yard
Gold – 1/8 yard
Black – scraps
Background – 2/3 yard
Binding – 1/3 yard
Backing – 2/3 yard
- Print and assemble the pattern.
- Trace the inverse of each pattern piece on freezer paper or a fusible (Steam-A-Seam2) making sure to add a little extra for overlapping areas.
- Press the freezer paper or fusible to the back of the fabric.
- Cut out the pieces.
- Do not cut the background fabric to size until finished.
Trace the full size eagle on clear plastic to make a layout guide.
Using the layout guide, position the pieces on the background fabric and press in place making sure to end with the overlapping pieces.
- First layer: Red and White Feathers
- Second layer: Blue Wings
- Third layer: Blue Body
- Fourth layer: Gold Feet and Beak
- Fifth layer: White head
- Sixth layer: Eye (gold then black)
- Embroidery: Beak, Eye, Feet, Head, Feather details
Trim the background fabric to 40″ x 22″ or desired size.
Quilt and bind.