When is practice play? Anytime you want! Join us in a little play time with your favorite longarm…
First, grab a coloring book. Yes, we said coloring book. Flip through and pick out a page to ‘color.’
A few tips:
• Be sure the coloring book has newsprint pages rather than heavier paper.
• Go for designs with simple lines.
• Larger open areas allow for great fill practice.
Second, trace the design with quilting.
• Secure the paper with a couple of pins or painter’s tape.
• Play with both regulated and constant mode.
• Try to only create one outline to make paper removal easier.
• Don’t worry about mistakes, they can be fixed when you fill.
• Stick with the main shapes and leave the details for later.
Third, pull the perforated paper away from the stitching.
Finally, color the design and make it a masterpiece. Play with threads, embellishments, new patterns and techniques. Let your imagination go while you perfect your quilting skills.
CHALLENGE: COLOR A PAGE A DAY FOR A WEEK AND SEE HOW MUCH YOUR DETAIL WORK IMPROVES.
For Fun: Save your ‘pages’ and sew them together into a book for your review and reference or give them to a little one to enjoy as a great quiet time book.