The Carolina Hurricane Quilt Project collects new and nearly new bed size quilts for the victims of Hurricane Florence and Michael on the North Carolina coast. Over 4,500 homes have been destroyed and more than 700,000 homes have sustained damage from flooding.
The project focuses on larger size quilts since each household can only receive one.
- More than 4500 quilts are needed for those whose homes were destroyed.
- The project will go through Summer 2019 so there is plenty of time.
- Top makers are being matched with longarmers to help get more quilts sent.
- There are five drop off locations in NC.
- Completed quilts should be bed sized, and sent to Wilmington, or taken to one of the drop off points.