Melissa Winters, AQS Director of Education, brought this delicious cake to the office when we celebrated Chocolate Cake Day. It was an instant hit. She said it is very easy to make and here is the recipe she used:
- 1 box Chocolate cake mix (follow recipe on box, can substitute milk instead of water)
- 1-2 jars hot fudge sauce (16 oz.)
- 2 cans Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
- 1-2 containers of cool whip
- Chocolate bar for shavings (I used heath chips)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix according to the ingredients on the box. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Bake cake in 9×13” for 20-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you cake is done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake.
- Heat the jar of hot fudge sauce in the microwave for about 30 seconds until you can stir it and thin it out. You may need an additional 30 seconds. Pour the jar of hot fudge sauce on the top of cake and allow it to absorb in the cake until cake is cooled. Let set until completely cooled.
- Open the jar of Cherry Pie Filling and pour over the top of the cake, spread evenly. Allow cake to cool completely.
- Spread cool whip over the top of cake.
- Sprinkle heath chips over the top of the cake.
- Keep refrigerated.