Apple Crescent Dumplings
Write a review
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 2 green apples (Granny Smith of Golden Delicious – I used Honey Crisp)
- 1½ cups butter, melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup lemon-lime carbonated beverage (I used Sprite)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Separate 2 cans Crescent Rolls at perforations to make 16 triangles. Peel and core apples; cut each apple into slices. Place 1 apple slice on Crescent Roll; roll to opposite point enclosing apple slice, arrange in pan.
- In medium bowl, stir together 1½ cups melted butter, 1 cup packed light brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. (I put this mixture into the microwave for 30 seconds a couple of times so mixture blended together better.) Pour mixture evenly over dumplings.
- Pour ¾ cup lemon-lime carbonated beverage in center and along the edges of pan. Do not pour on top of dumplings.
- Bake 35–40 minutes or until golden brown and thoroughly baked. Stick a toothpick into dumplings to make sure apples are cooked through. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
AQS Blog http://www.aqsblog.com/