Thanksgiving is a great time to share the things you love with friends and family. Why not share a little of your love of quilting for all to enjoy! Take a little of your quilt block magic and it apply it in ways you may not have thought of before. Here you can see we cut pie crust to turn our plain pumpkin pie into a patchwork pumpkin pie – definitely yummier! Of course, this pie crust idea can be applied to any type of pie.
Here are a few more ideas for adding a little quilting to you festive dinner:
- Using quilting designs, like feathers, to swirl the top of a cheesecake and bake. A chocolate swirl or cranberry cheesecake would be especially delicious!
- Bring two classics together by arranging mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes in a 9-Patch in a serving dish.
- Using your favorite block design, make a stencil from freezer paper, and lay it over a green bean casserole before baking. Sprinkle panko breadcrumbs or crumbled up crispy fried onions, remove the paper, and bake for a patchwork inspired dish.
- Cut out cookies in basic quilt shapes and decorate into units. Arrange the cookies to make elaborate quilt blocks.
- Bake the dinner rolls in triangle shapes.
If you cook up festive quilting food for your Thanksgiving feast be sure to share pictures with us on our Facebook Group, Project Parade!