We love calendars! How about you? Ever wondered what to do when the calendar is done but you aren’t ready to part with all the beautiful quilt pictures? We have 7 ideas for how to recycle your calendars.
- Quilt Coasters – Cut out the quilt image and decoupage it onto a coaster. It makes a lovely accent and is useful too!
- Mini Masterpieces – Snip out your favorite quilts and frame them with little frames from the dollar store. Hang them in a lovely arrangement or sprinkle them on surfaces throughout your house. A moment of inspiration for every room!
- Creative Clip Boards – Glue a collection of quilt pictures to the front of a clip board. These clipboards are great for collecting tidbits about ongoing projects and when they aren’t in use they can hang smartly on the wall showing off beautiful quilts!
- Quilt Cards – Cut out bits of the quilts and make collage cards to send notes to your friends and family. You can even include one with your utility bill – you never know who needs a quilt in their life.
- Notion Jars – Cut out circles from the quilt pictures and use them on top of jar lids to decorate notion jars in your creative space.
- Placemats – Cut a piece of cardstock placemat size and glue a collage of quilts on it, then laminate it and use as a placemat. Quilt placemats make interesting conversational pieces and lovely accents for a lunch gathering.
- Inspiration Journal – Save your favorites and tape them to a page in your Inspiration Journal to give you ideas and spark your creativity!
Need an old calendar full of incredible quilt pictures? Or a new calendar for the upcoming year? We have QuiltArt and Wall Calendars year round.
Sound off in the comments with ideas of how to recycle calendars to keep the inspiration going!