Black Bean Soup
Write a review
- 10 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 - 2 cans chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- dash of cayenne
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 3 or 4 cans black beans, drained but not rinsed
- Kosher salt
- ground pepper
- fresh cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- Cut bacon up and cook until it starts to give up its fat.
- Stir in the onions and cook until they start to sweat. I prefer to use fresh garlic. Add the garlic and cook but don't brown.
- Use a little more broth than you think you need, you can always reduce it down without overcooking. Add the broth, tomatoes, Worcestershire, and chili powder.
- Stir in the black beans, turn the heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer and cook 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Chop the cilantro coarsely and stir it into the soup. Cook until the soup is thickened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream.
AQS OnPoint http://www.aqsblog.com/