Start the new year with a look back at your successes. What did you accomplish? In what ways did you grow? And how can that propel you in the year ahead? These are the questions to ask yourself while writing out your New Year’s resolutions. You’ve had success and you’re going to have more!
Think of what went well in the last year and write those successes out. We have topics and suggestions below to inspire you, but any successes you want on your list belong. Write a few for each topic until you have 25 successes, then read over your list and reflect—in your head or in writing. What habits are you inspired to keep up in the new year? What surprises you on the list? What opportunities for new growth are revealed? Set your goals confident in your ability to find more success in the coming year.
Skills and Techniques
- What new techniques did you try and what skills did you build?
- Example: Researched methods and practiced mitered corners to a confident level.
- Example: Took a class on curved piecing.
- Example: Learned lots of tiny piecing tricks by making 25 blocks.
- What social quilt activities did you do?
- Example: Joined and posted in a Facebook quilting group like the AQS Project Parade
- Example: Attended a quilt show like AQS QuiltWeek.
- Example: Donated a quilt to charity.
- Example: Had a sewing day with friends.
- Example: Joined a quilt guild.
- How did you play with color?
- Example: Created a palette based on a picture.
- Example: Really got into purple and made 4 purple quilts.
- Example: Recolored a pattern to match guest bedroom decor.
- How did you manage your stash?
- Example: Pulled all new projects from my stash.
- Example: Cut scraps into pre-cuts like charms and jelly rolls.
- Example: Bought fabric that wasn’t for projects in 3 yard cuts for easier use later.
- What projects did you start, move forward, and complete? How did they influence you?
- Example: Made a Lone Star quilt.
- Example: Started a hexie quilt to always have a hand project to take with me.
- Example: Finished a UFO that was over 5 years old.
- What organizing methods helped you?
- Example: Cleaned sewing area after each project.
- Example: Sorted stash by color.
- Example: Made and attached labels for all my quilts.
- How did you foster your creativity?
- Example: Visited an art museum.
- Example: Spent time in nature.
- Example: Attend a concert.
Now it’s your turn. Use the space below for yourself.
My Successes Last Year:
Use your successes to fuel your goals for the year ahead:
Happy New Year. We can’t wait to see what you do!